Monday, March 28, 2011

Serenity Now

There is peace again in my universe and all is right in the world because I have finally mastered the nursery furniture layout.  Is it wrong for me to spend most of my waking hours re-arranging furniture in my mind?  Because I do a lot of that these days.  I draw little floor plans on napkins and receipts whenever a clever idea happens to strike.  I mean, you never know when you might be inspired to put a cabinet in a closet and move a bookshelf behind a chair, and that is exactly the solution I needed.  I feel triumphant!  Victorious!  Relieved!  We finally have a nursery floor-plan!  And I'm pretty sure it's going to be functional!

Truth be told, we picked the very smallest of our rooms to serve as the baby's room.  This only because it is the room that shares a wall with our bedroom and that just seemed like a good idea. 

At first I felt a little panicked that the room was so empty.  We needed furniture! And accessories!  Pronto!

And then all of a sudden we had way too many things and way too few spaces.  It was really the $5 book shelf that threw everything off.  So that's when I had to put a little creative thinking to use.  But now...  now things are just right.  Proportions feel right, spacing is good, and even in the tiny nursery, we managed to fit one Jenny Lind crib, one old rocking chair, one repainted nightstand/dresser, one $5 bookshelf, one vintage arm chair, two lamps, and one old tv-stand-turned-storage-cabinet. 

(do you feel like singing the Twelve Days of Christmas yet?)

Pictures coming soon, I promise.

In the meantime, I will let you in on a few secret projects I have in the works for the nursery.

One butterfly mobile


Four felt dahlias


One ruffled crib skirt


A few fabric buntings


One baby gallery


Two ruffled lampshades


And then there's the lamps to paint, the baby quilt to back, curtains to adjust, and $5 bookshelf to refinish.

Good thing I have 18 more weeks!

4 comments:

Rich and Brianne said...

You are seriously so talented.

Baby Nursery Furniture said...

How beautiful crib is looking.. The other designs are also really great.. I agree you are so much talented.. I wish you could design same for me also.. I will definitely look forward to this design..

Kellie said...

I CANNOT WAAAAAIT!!!

Wooden garden Furniture said...

Hello,
Yeah very true comments by all. You are very talented, and the crib is very very beautiful indeed. Great!!