Thursday, September 27, 2012

Colorado Trip Part II: Estes Park

We didn't have much time to spend in Colorado but we absolutely had to stop in Estes Park.  It's our favorite place to go and it's so beautiful in the fall.  And, unlike Vail, I wouldn't feel under dressed in sweats.


Whenever we go to Estes Park we always end up eating at Penelope's because they really do have world famous burgers.  I usually get the buffalo burger but I decided to go for elk this time.  And I have to say, it was the tastiest burger I've ever had in my life.  No joke.  I want to make out with elk burgers now.  Also, the fries are pretty freaking awesome.  Avery even ate some! (And we all know that kid doesn't eat anything)  Just beware, two burgers with fries and 1 drink cost us $23.00.  But trust me, it was totally worth it.  Every penny.  (Get the elk burger!)


 In Estes Park is this lovely giant toy store aptly named, Estes Ark.
I always loved going here so naturally we had to take Avery.


 It's not only shaped like an ark, but it has every kind of toy animal you can imagine.  A lot of them I'd never even heard of! They even have Averys!  (Ok they don't really sell those. I have the only one)


 It was the perfect place to let the insanely rambunctious toddler run around and empty shelves, drawers, and cubbies.


 Yeah this picture pretty much sums up my life.
A blur of a toddler who never stops moving.
How have we not lost like 100 lbs. since she started walking?




 The downstairs is all bears.
It's craziness.


I especially wanted to get this rubber snake, seeing as how Kyle is terrified of them.
Avery's not afraid!


Before we left Estes Park we stopped at Mary's Lake, which seemed pretty much almost empty.
I don't know what's up with that.


On the plus side, there were PLENTY of rocks for our rock obsessed baby girl.


I don't know.
She's really into rocks or something.


For a good half hour all she did was heave big rocks over to Kyle and put them in his hand.
I kind of loved it.


 Another place we always have to stop is the Colorado Cherry Store.
It's on the way down the mountain when we leave Estes Park and they have amazing coconut syrup that is to die for with banana pancakes.  I'm really kind of obsessed with breakfast.


Don't you just love that car seat hair??


No comments: