Friday, September 28, 2012

Colorado Trip III: Denver Broncos

And now for what we really came for: the Denver Broncos!
Kyle has always been a Denver Broncos fan and his favorite NFL player is Peyton Manning so pretty much this really was a dream come true for him to see him play for the Broncos.

My wonderful sister in Colorado was moving the weekend we were there but she still offered to watch Avery for us so we could actually enjoy the game.  Thank goodness!  I would have spent the whole game in the hallways with Avery.  Besides, she loved spending time with her Aunt Kari and cousins.

At any rate, the game didn't start until 2:00 PM but we didn't know how parking would be so we left really early.  We ended up getting into the stadium at 11:30 AM.  I think Kyle secretly planned it that way because he loves to be super early to games.  Oh well.  The only problem was our seats were in the sun until just after the game started so it was way too hot to just sit there and hang out before the game.  
That is a very happy husband.


 I guess not a lot of people show up to the game 2 1/2 hours early.


 But we DID get to see Peyton Manning come out to warm up and that was pretty cool.
He is just a classy guy, you know?
I really like him.

 Wearing Kyle's shirt you can't even really tell I'm pregnant!

And then all 76,000 something people showed up to fill the seats.
The noise was unbelievable.




 Peyton!


 This is a really cool picture of me bringing up our lunch of Chinese noodles (for me) and a foot long bratwurst (for Kyle).  It only took me a whole quarter of the game to retrieve the food.  


I don't think I've ever been in the same place as 76,000 people before.


So the Broncos lost and didn't really play all that great but it was still a lot of fun.  All I have to say is, I'm glad I've learned some things about football over the years or this would have really sucked.  

Also, can I just admit that I spent a lot of time contemplating how the heck those cheerleaders' hair looked so perfect after dancing around in 85 degree heat and sunshine for 4 hours!!  I had sweaty, drippy, flat hair in 2.5 minutes and I didn't do any dancing or chorus lines.  WHAT IS THEIR SECRET?!?  Maybe having amazingly magical hair is a prerequisite to be on the team.

No comments: