Sunday, September 30, 2012

28

So I had a birthday on Friday.
I turned 28 on the 28th.
Am I the only one that calls that your golden birthday?
(When you turn the same age as the date of your birthday)

We pretty much celebrated the day before though, because my parents were in town for the night.  They took us to Happy Sumo and I totally gorged on the most delicious sushi ever!  Kyle is certain our baby will be born with gills.  I am certain I will never give up sushi.

I blew out candles on my ice cream mochi!


After dinner we wandered into Blikenstaffs, the cutest toy store pretty much ever.  Avery enjoyed this quiet little corner to herself where she could look at books.  Don't be fooled however, she didn't sit still long ... she never does.


And they have free mechanical horse rides!

So here's 10 great things about my low-key, awesome actual birthday:

1.  Avery slept in until 8:00 AM (instead of her usual 6:30 AM)
2.  Avery drank her PKU medicine all at once at the right time in the morning.  Seriously, there's no better way to set the day off right.  It's the little things, you know.
3.  Avery took a THREE HOUR nap!  During which I was able to do all my work, shower, eat lunch and clean the kitchen.  In peace.
4.  I went thrifting with my Avery girl.
5.  I got sweet cards from lots of wonderful family and friends.
6.  Kyle made the sweetest scavenger hunt for me around our house which led to a pile of cash and chocolate and a list of 28 things he loves about me.  (Aww!)
7.  We had delicious BBQ chicken pizza and Cold Stone for dessert.
8.  My dear friend Kim made me the most amazingly delicious cookies and I didn't even have to share.  (Although I did)
9.  I claimed the right to the remote and overrode the football game to catch up on Project Runway.
10.  I spent the rest of the evening watching a movie with my favorite Kyle.

No comments: