Sunday, September 30, 2012

Adventures Staying in a Hotel with a Toddler


This is the last set of pictures from our Colorado trip and they really don't fit with anything to blog about except maybe "How to survive staying in a hotel with your crazy toddler."  Or maybe "Don't ever take your toddler to a hotel."

All in all we did survive but it was pretty stressful.
We got a suite with a full kitchen so dealing with Avery's formula and food wouldn't be too difficult but that also meant she got into EVERYTHING.  Dishwasher, fridge, cabinets, drawers, garbage...

We had a large cooler we brought food over in and it was sitting empty in our room.  Avery put everything she could find in that dang cooler.  Can't find your toothbrush?  Check the cooler.  Where's my shoe?  Cooler.  Anyone seen the keys?  Cooler again.  

The game got old fast.

Our closet was big enough that I actually put the Pack n Play inside the closet so she could have her own space away from us and hopefully sleep better.  She still woke up 3-4 times at night screaming.  At home, I would've just let her cry herself to sleep, but I couldn't do it in the hotel.  I'm pretty sure everyone hated us.

Then one night Avery got a bath and was so cute dancing around butt naked.
And then I found a mysterious wet spot on the carpet.  By my nightstand.
I'm not SAYING it was pee.
But I can't say it wasn't either.



I made Kyle take the girl outside to run out some energy because I was going crazy trying to get ready with her rearranging everything every 2 seconds.  He came back with some pretty cute pictures.





So yes, we did survive but honestly by the time we got home from the quick weekend away, I think we were all really annoyed with each other.  We Posts kind of need our space to run around I guess.


No comments: