Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Oh the Irony

Alright so apparently Avery read my last post about her sleeping so well in the sleep sack and decided to revolt last night.  I was up with her pretty much nonstop from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.  Around 5:30 I hit some sort of breaking point and maybe might have yelled something about wanting to sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time... and maybe I might have woke up Kyle.  And then cried about it.

Kyle fixed her a bottle and fed her and he was so cute with her that I forgot about being upset.  And then I slept for another half hour.

I usually get over the sleep deprivation around 9:00 a.m. and I didn't even notice how tired I was the rest of the day.  After dinner, however, Kyle made me take a nap.  I fell asleep somewhere around 6pm-ish and didn't wake up until after 10pm!  Now Kyle's asleep, Avery's asleep, and I'm wide awake!  
Oh the irony...

I missed some good TV tonight because of that nap.  But I think that probably it was worth it.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I have tooootally had a few of those nights myself. I feel ya.

Tara said...

I think those nights are an initiation process in parenthood, even though you have already had a bazillion of them and zillion of those were not necessarily desired, the night without sleep and then ending in tears happens to all of us. And being a mum, like you said, you just pick yourself up again and get on with the day. Point being? We understand how you feel...and your doing a good job.