Thursday, June 2, 2011
Kyle's Place: Spice up Your Day with Movie Quotes
I am one of those movie quote guys. The one who might quote a movie trying to be funny and no one laughs because no one has seen the movie. But wouldn’t it be cool to use movie quotes all day long in your everyday life? Let me show you. I will point out some things that happened to me yesterday and how I could have responded with movie quotes:
• A guy from Lowes came and installed our new dishwasher. I saw him bump his head on our cabinet. I could have said, “Are you a pothead, Focker?” (Meet the Parents)
• I went to the gas station and saw a guy in a Jeep with 2 bikes on a bike rack. I could have said, “Those bikes yours? Both of them?” (Dumb and Dumber)
• I had a conversation with a guy named Joe about buying a house. I could have said, “Go Joseph! Go get your land!” (Far and Away).
• I took a shower and used shampoo (yes, even I use shampoo). I could have picked up the bottle of shampoo and said, “Shampoo is better. It goes on first and cleans the hair.” (Billy Madison)
• I have been watching out for a snake in my yard when I mow. I want to tell him, “I will look for you. I will find you. And I will kill you.” (Taken)
• I went to Lowes to get fertilizer for our yard and I overheard a lady ask her husband, “Bill it’s too big. Where are we going to plant a tree that big?” And I could have said, “Bend over and I’ll show you.” (Christmas Vacation)
• I saw this stranger walking on the sidewalk and I had this urge to go up to him and say, “Phil? Phil Conners? Is that you? It’s Ned (lift my hat) Ryerson!” (Groundhog Day)
This is why movies are so awesome. Try to put them in your everyday life and it will spice up your day.