Monday, May 9, 2011

Something Even Better

I'm a little sad about it, but we've decided to get rid of the $5 bookcase.

Here is my reasoning:
1. We do not really know if it is lead based or not, but since it'd be going in the nursery, we want to be 100% sure everything is safe for the baby.  A home lead test kit costs more than we paid for the bookshelf so it's really not worth it to us to even bother with.
2. It was only $5 so no hard feelings
3. Not having it in the nursery will make for more space in the tiny room
4. One less thing for me to paint
5. I listed it for sale on ksl's classifieds just for fun and within 10 minutes I had a buyer!  That buyer never showed up, but I now have two more vying for the bookshelf and I should have it good and sold this afternoon.  And we'll make a profit! :)

As a further update, I have confirmed that even if I was sanding a lead-infested bookshelf, the limited exposure was not significant enough to cause any harm to me or the fetus. 
(You can breathe easy now, Mom) 

Better yet, we found a book storage solution that we happen to like even better!

Ikea spice racks.
As bookshelves.
It's genius, I tell you.
I wish I could say I came up with it myself.
But I did find it on Pinterest all by myself.
That counts for something, right?
We picked up four over the weekend and I am so excited to get them on the walls!

1 comment:

It Started With a Wink said...

I can't wait to see your finished nursery!