Monday, October 18, 2010

Everything's Bigger

If you are thinking to yourself, "Self, it would be a great idea to visit a fair this year" you would not be alone.  I too am I lover of the fair.  I love fair animals I love fair rides and most of all, I love fair food.  So naturally, when we were in Texas last week, I thought it would be a brilliant idea to visit the State Fair of Texas. 


After three hours of stopped freeway traffic, this was a most welcome sign.


This, however, was not such a welcome sign.
But did you know that the State Fair of Texas is the largest state fair in the U.S.?  We found out the hard way.  As they say, "everything is bigger in Texas."  Even, apparently, the crowds.  (An average of 3 million people each year)

Here's a little equation for you:
3 million people=more sweaty arms unavoidably brushing up against you
3 million people=claustrophobia and also, perhaps, panic attacks
3 million people=an entrance line a few thousand people deep
3 million people=more little children to step on (accidentally, of course)


Despite the millions of people cramming every inch of the fairgrounds, we did get to see Boris III, an 1,100  pound boar... that's a lot of bacon.


 Remember how I mentioned my love affair with fair food?  It is real and everlasting.  We had a tough choice among fried cookie dough, fried butter, and fried PBJ & banana sandwich.  Behold the glory of fried cookie dough! 

Heaven. 

Heaven, I tell you.

No comments: