Friday, September 17, 2010

Part Two: The Accidental Non Date. Also, a real date?

Part Two: The Accidental Non Date.  Also, a real date?

Sunday night came along and one by one everyone canceled on our after Conference dinner plans.  Everyone, that is, except for Kyle.  He called me to see if he could still come over with the food he'd already prepared.  I was starving like unto death and so I agreed.  Besides, how could I pass up a free meal and a cute boy?  I mean really, I do have some standards here. 

Kyle brought apricot chicken.  I made a salad.  We talked for hours.  He looked through my pictures and asked me question after question.  I told him about the time I randomly got my belly button pierced on vacation and he explained to me what Boise State was and why I should love them.  I call this our first non date.  And it happened by accident.

Before Kyle left that night he asked me if I would go shopping with him sometime.  "Uh, I love shopping.  Of course I'd go" I replied.  And so we had plans to go shopping.  Just... shopping.

Later in the week, I called Kyle to tell him I found a location for Hobbitville (!) and he asks me, "Are you ready for the best date of your life?!?" 
Date?  We're going on a date?  I thought we were just shopping.
But really I was happy.

After it became clear we had a first real date approaching, Kyle found it to be a good excuse to send me messages via Facebook.


Kyle October 8, 2008 at 11:01pm
I am happy with my purchase of my camera. Will you be the first picture I take?

Kourtney October 9, 2008 at 8:39am
haha, sure whatever you say (although I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the FIRST picture you've taken with it)

Kyle October 9, 2008 at 9:17pm
Honestly I haven't taken a real picture yet. I'll bring my camera and we can take some cool pics. Maybe we will get stranded and then we can take pictures of us like half dead, then you can scrapbook them because you like to do that. You can cut out obituaries from the newspaper and tape them next to our pictures as stickers. A half death theme. Sound good? Hey when do you check your facebook not computer girl? Am I talking to Kourtney from the future who already bought one?

Kourtney October 9, 2008 at 10:02pm  
I get your messages sent to my phone. what are we doing tomorrow again? aside from taking death pictures

1 comment:

mrsmonje said...

you peeps should really be in a book! sappy love romance at its finest and i LOVE IT!!