Friday, September 10, 2010

Fluff. Pigs. Spices. Also, Funnel Cakes.

There is so much fluff in my head right now I can hardly think.  It's making me motion sick, all this thinking.  To make matters worse, I walked into the Anthropologie today and smelled the most wonderful coconut something candle I have ever smelled and now I long to smell it more.  Someone please buy me the $18 candle so I can be at peace.  Also, my birthday is actually in eighteen days.  Just in case you forgot or something. 

But isn't September the best?  It's the end of much-too-hotness but still not quite into the much-too-coldness and then there's the leaves changing and the crispy breezes and pumpkin flavored everything!  (Read here about how much I love pumpkin flavored everything)  Which reminds me, I still need to try the pumpkin Hershey kisses.  Again, birthday=eighteen days.  Just FYI.

September, like the first day of school, marks the beginning of good things and wonderful firsts.  It's like a second January, when you feel a fresh start coming on.  At any rate, I forgot where I was going with that.  All that head fluff, you know. 

Speaking of beginnings and crispy things, have you been to Pig & Pepper yet?  You should go there right this minute and then come back here and tell me wonderful things that will make me not so anxious about the 36 pairs of leggings and the dozen or so handbags I just ordered to add to my loot in time for this boutique show you definitely should go to.  Or you may also recommend a delicious pumpkin something or other for me to try--that always calms my nerves.

And in case you are wondering why I chose a pig and a spice to represent my collection of accessories for sale, I will tell you the answer.  The answer is chapter eleven of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  Have you read it?  I love it.  It's delightfully whimsical and strange and mostly comprehensible.  It's full of nonsense and wonderfulness and upside down backwardsness.  It's the very best thing to read when your head is full of fluff and that is all you really need to know. 

Kyle told me yesterday he thinks Pig & Pepper sounds like I'm selling seasoned pork.  And I guess, maybe, in a way, you could say I am.  I don't know.  Try to find some logic in that, why don't you? 

But if you are to remember two things today, remember first to go visit Pig & Pepper and remember second that funnel cakes are the very next best thing to pumpkin flavored everythings.  And tonight, Kyle is taking me to the fair and there will be funnel cakes at the fair, to be sure.

No comments: