Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Serious Matter

Someday in the nearish future we plan to bring a puppy into our family of two. 

While I would like nothing more than one of these tiny precious yorkies, Kyle thinks he needs a more "manly" dog.  You know, one that can catch a tennis ball or something.  (As if we even play tennis)


Kyle's family dog was a miniature schnauzer and if you ask him, there is no dog smarter or more fun than a schnauzer.  He is probably right, I mean, who couldn't love this bearded face??  (enter sarcasm)  In his defense, Kyle's family dog was less beardy and much cuter.  BUT I have my sights on something a little... fluffier...


A westie!!  Tell me, is this not one of the cutest dogs you've ever seen in your life?  And seeing as how I will (hopefully) someday be a stay-at-home dog mother (and mother of human babies), I think I should have the final say as to what mass of fur is spending the entirety of my days with me.  I choose the westie.  Thoughts anyone? 

So I have added a poll to our little blog just to make things fair.. and anonymous.  After all, Kyle tends to poll friends when we disagree on an issue (i.e. paint the family room brown or gray? or are Sun Chips a girly snack choice?)  Friends of Kyle, don't be afraid to vote with your heart.  I bake pretty dang good cookies when I get my way.

So here's a little recap of what you're voting on:


Schnauzer


OR


Westie!!!

Please, choose wisely people.  This is our family you're voting on!  And we may actually one day make a decision based somewhat on how you vote (that is, if you vote the "right" way...)

5 comments:

Gordita said...

I knew a schnauzer once. She was, how to put it nicely, ... mmm ... not right in the head. So I associate schnauzers with below average dog intelligence. My opinion: I would go with a different dog. But I'm not telling you how/if I voted.

Jason and Abby said...

Ooooh cute dogs! I think whatever you pick would be perfect for you guys....just remember....the size of the dog reflects the size of the poop....

Jacob and Candra said...

westie for sure. Our old neighbors had a schnauzer- and that thing had the most ANNOYING bark. And it never stopped. To this day- I can't stand the dogs. Westies are much cuter anyway- and friendlier- and Kourtney wins.

vickyj said...

I would like a Westie grandchild. I already have a Yorkie grandchild. I've always hoped to have a schnauzer sibling -- which remains to be seen. Any poll on what you would name this Westie?

Suzi Q said...

Westie! Duuuuh!