Monday, May 17, 2010

The Chair: Part Deux

So you wanted to see pictures of The Chair?  Here you go:

The Chair minus its guts, prior to painting.


After one coat of primer, 1.25 cans of black spray paint and two coats of clear gloss.
On the subject of spray paint, I much prefer the cans of Krylon to the Valspar.  The nozzles on the Valspar paint I used were so hard to squeeze that I had to use two hands and every tiny muscle in my fingers are still sore.  Krylon, you win.


I thought making the cushion cover would be the easiest part.  Wrong!  I spent three episodes of That 70s Show just making the continuous bias strip to cover the welting.  One Reese Witherspoon movie later, I had finally attached the welting to the entirety of the cushion only to find out that the cushion I made was a bit too big for the foam pad.  *sigh*  I attempted to stuff in more foam hoping to just fill it out, but now the cushion is too big for the chair.  SO.  This week I will be removing a layer of welting and adjusting the size of the cover so I can get it just-so.  Can anyone say migraine?

I would have the back of the chair done, but I realized that it is quite necessary to tuft it.  So after I fix the cushion, I will be giving myself a tufting lesson via Google.

All in all I'm quite happy with how it's turning out.  But ask me again after this week is over.

fin.

2 comments:

vickyj said...

I'm still impressed you got the chair apart. I looked into that several times and gave up. It is looking very good. Keep at it. It's coming.

Jason and Abby said...

OOOOOH I love it! You did such a great job Kourt!