Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Old Soul

I am an old soul. 

Ever since I can remember I have loved old things: magazines, dishes, fabric, jewelry, hats...  you name it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hoarder by any means; I very much enjoy throwing things out, but at the same time I love collecting old things.  I love how unique they sometimes are and I love imagining the story behind them.  Few things get my heart racing like a good vintage find. 


The D.I. recently blessed me with $12 worth of mouth-watering purchases!  One of which was a depression glass citrus reamer for $1.00! I have wanted one for years.  *sigh*  I think I'm in love.


(Moderntone)
Some of my other personal treasures include a small collection of vintage hats and gloves, costume jewelry, old books, handkerchiefs, various forms of milk glass, and my grandmother's pastel Moderntone dishes.


My sister Kelli understands how I feel about old things and I'm pretty sure it's partly her fault that I love them so much.  Afterall, she was the one who introduced me to a vintage citrus reamer in an Iowa antique shop 8 years ago.  She has also contributed to my collection of old things: a few Moderntone plates, a restaurant style napkin holder, and a pair of very lovely sundae dishes.


Kyle on the other hand does not exactly understand how I feel about old things.  I'm pretty sure he isn't a big fan of all my old stuff, but he is a good husband and lets me enjoy them as I please.  I think it's a pretty fair trade after all the Die Hard movies and sports I've had to watch.

No comments: