Friday, March 5, 2010

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense."

So there's a lot of hype about this new Alice in Wonderland coming out which I find to be very curiouser and curiouser.  I do want to see it, but I'm also rather cautious, fearing that I'll leave the theater with a dizzying sense of "what the heck?!?" like I did after watching Coraline which I loved for its creativity but still, "what the heck?!?"


But you know I will see it and will again admire Tim Burton's unmatched creativity (and Johnny Depp's strangeness).  I'm by far no movie critic, but I do like a little something different now and then.  And most importantly, my inner fashion designer tells me I'm going to love the costuming.  (Remind me again why I became a secretary?) 


And really ever since I heard about this Alice in Wonderland business my mind has not been able to let go of the heart-stopping Alice-inspired fashion editorial in this 2003 issue of Vogue


Alright, I realize that fashion editorials may not make your heart stop like it does mine, but just humor me, ok? 


Rarely do I remember an editorial like I do this one, but seven years later, it's still my favorite!  It's so inspiring, don't you think?  Anyone else agree?  Anyone?

The Duchess: Be what you would seem to be, or if you'd like it put more simply: Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have

2 comments:

Jason and Abby said...

You're so awesome. We want to see it too! Looks like it'll be interesting mixed with a lot of "What the heck?!"

Joami said...

i'm on the fence with the editorial, i think it could have been cooler. I'm excited to see the fashions that will come from it though. ...by the way have you seen previews from "the single man" the movie tom ford is directing. Now THATS freakin good fashion!