Friday, February 5, 2010

Sometimes I Fall Asleep Anyway

It takes Kyle a ridiculous amount of time to pick out a movie to watch.  If you know Kyle, you'll know he loves movies and loves to collect DVDs.  We have a few too many, if you ask me, but it is nice to have a seemingly endless supply of movies to fill our weekends when we are too cheap to go out and do something else.


I think its really quite silly that it takes him so long to pick out a movie.  "Can't you just pick one?" I think to myself... or sometimes say aloud.  If I plan to be present during the movie watching he will often question my level of alertness, claiming that he doesn't want to put on a "really good" one that I've never seen if I'm just going to fall asleep.  Sometimes I fall asleep anyway.


After approximately 17 minutes of deliberating, he first settled on "Appaloosa" and then made a last minute change to "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels."

I approve.  And yet, another Michael Caine?


Ok so as I am writing this he puts on "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" and just as we get through the opening credits he changes his mind.  Now he wants to watch "Ransom." 

"Picking out a movie is very key." Kyle says, in response to me laughing at him.

"Why?"

"Because it sets the mood."

"For what?"

"The night."

He wants to "set the mood" for the night by watching a movie about a kidnapping?  Hm.


In my effort to better understand my husband, I tried to put myself "in his shoes," so they say.  And you know what?  That's exactly what I thought about: shoes.  Watching Kyle pick out a movie is very much like my daily challenge of assembling just the right outfit for the day.  Not forgetting just the right shoes, of course.  Afterall, what a woman wears definitely "sets the mood" for the day, don't you think?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

May I just say that you should submit that first picture to a modeling contest for Kyle hehe. Justin is the same way it takes him FOREVER to pick a movie. Maybe we should always pick for them?! hehe