Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Am Not a Free-Spirited Hippie

(not my legs)
Well, I'm officially an old married lady.  You know why?  I can't remember the last time I shaved my legs.  Don't tell Kyle though.  Somehow my hairy legs have gone unnoticed for weeks now.  Either that or he just doesn't care.  I think at this point it has been so long since I've shaved them that I just want to see how much longer I can go before he says something.  Kind of a sick game, isn't it?


I realize this is probably more than you were bargaining for but hey hair is a fact of life, unpleasant though it may be at times.  I will, however, spare you a photo of my hairy legs. (You can thank me later)


(also not my legs)
At one point I had myself thinking, "Oh I will just let it go until it's long enough to wax."  But that was two weeks ago.


Anyhow, it is winter here and this is the season for layers, tights, leggings, pants, and boots.  So really, who is going to notice? 


The truth of the matter is I bought a new razor the day before we got married so I could have silky smooth legs a la romance.  And I have not bought razor blades since.  Do you know how dull a razor blade gets after 5 months of daily shaving?  Very dull, is what it is.  It's for the best interest of my sensitive leg skin to just not shave them at all.  Afterall, aren't hairy legs better than poorly shaven legs with razor burn?  I do think so.


All this talking about hair reminds me of a rather free-spirited yoga instructor I had in college.  She was very talented and I loved her classes.  She loved to wear tank tops.  She was also against any kind of shaving, if you know what I mean.  I must tell you that no matter how dull my razor may be, I will never forgo a day without shaving the underarms.  Nothing is more disruptive to personal serenity than the image of said yoga instructor reaching skyward for the next asana only to display her ridiculously hairy armpits.  I shudder.


So despite what you may think, I am really not a free-spirited hippie (I don't even recycle regularly).  I'm just a lazy old married lady who needs to buy some razor blades. 

2 comments:

Geospace said...

haha I love this post! I do the same thing with not shaving. It's really bad when you get into bed and your husband has to THANK YOU for shaving! :-) you are so cute, love your blog

Kara said...

Don't know why it says Geopspace I think my hubby was logged into his gmail account. oopss that post was by me :-)