Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh the Places You'll Go

Kyle's parents came to visit for the weekend and as proper Utah residents, we gave them the grand tour of Salt Lake City's finest (and some places that are almost in the city).  The official Post tour included the following:
 
 
The 26th floor of the Church Office Building, of course.



Iggy's for dinner - Kyle's #2 favorite restaurant, despite the mediocre reviews everyone else seems to give it. 


The lights on Temple Square!  Also the location of my eighteen-month mission and source of countless sentimental memories, including Kyle and Kourtney's recent marriage!


A tour of Kyle's hospital.


Utah's very own IKEA complete with 1500 calories worth of cinnamon roll goodness to share between 4 people. They were ever-so tasty, but the calorie count kinda ruined it, huh?


Lunch at Cafe Zupas - only the best place for soup and salad.  And sandwiches too, if you're into that kind of thing.


The Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert with Natalie Cole, who looked nothing like this as her hair is very much shorter these days.  Our family pictures from the concert are on Kyle's camera.  They are not here on the blog today because he wouldn't fetch me his memory card last night when I was uploading pictures from the couch.  And he expected me to get up and walk 10 feet to get it??  I even gave him the pouty face.  Sheesh.


Care to have a Utah tour of your own?  We will be happy to show you around, but be warned that we cannot promise a famous-singer sighting and you will be forced to eat our favorite foods.   It's only fair.

4 comments:

Derek and Jen said...

Kourtney, what does Kyle do? Derek works at IMC too as a nurse on the surgical trauma floor. Just curious...

Kourtney said...

Oh really? That's so cool! Kyle is in HR at the Riverton building.

Jacob and Candra said...

That's the new hospital ya? It's open?? Know of any good general practice doctors there? I need a new one that is closer to me. We're about 5 minutes away from the new one, and right now I have to drive ALL the way to Saint Mark's!!

Kourtney said...

The new hospital is open, but I don't know of any general practice docs there... if I hear of any I'll let you know! I love the dr. we go to but he's in downtown SLC - definitely not closer for you than Saint Marks!