Friday, October 16, 2009

For the Love of Strangers

I am a self-proclaimed people-watcher.  I'm totally that creepy girl at the gym that stares at people.  I need to stop that...  I just find people so interesting and I wonder where they've come from, what they're going to eat for dinner, where they work, and most importantly, what were they thinking???  Every now and then I find a really interesting one and I try to sneak a picture with my cell phone so I can look back on their individual strangeness when I feel a little bored.  Here are a few of my favorites:

I caught this guy trying to get on the Front Runner.  It's hard to tell from my poor-quality cell phone picture, but he is, in fact, wearing rollerblades.  He is also carrying a medium-sized cage in both hands.  I could understand the rollerblades - perhaps a nod to the early nineties?  too busy to get in a proper workout?  or maybe he's a good samaritan who gave away his commuter bike to an underprivelaged child.  But what of the cages?!?  Amateur trapper?  Maybe he has a problem with feral cats?  The world may never know...


This guy has abnormally long legs.  He should meet Svetlana Pankratova, the woman with the world's longest legs.  I bet they'd play a crazy game of Twister.



Working on Temple Square, I see brides almost every day.  This one was pretty different.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but she's wearing hunter green leggings under her gold dress ???  Maybe she's from a foreign land where this is culturally symbolic of something really cool.  I give her points for being unique.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

You have the FUNNIEST outlook on things and it's SO fun to read! Those people are totally random, for SURE! Rollerblader man takes my vote.

Kourtney said...

Haha! Thanks Kellie! I'll try to keep my posts interesting :) I should probably let Kyle write sometimes so I can live up to the name of "our" blog - so far its pretty much just my own random thoughts :)

Kati said...

I do that too, I always wonder what their bathroom looks like. and at the gym I critique people on their form. yeeks.