Thursday, June 14, 2012

More and more from Texas

I know, I know, more from Texas.
This isn't the last Texas post, I'm just warning you.
Forgive me, these are totally self-indulgent posts.
This one is dedicated to all the little random things we enjoyed whilst in the great state of Texas.


Rita's.
Italian ice and custard.
Amazing.
I craved this like crazy when I was pregnant.
Kyle's not so sure about it.
I am in love. (and I'm not even pregnant!)


Carousel ride!  Pretty much the coolest thing Avery's experienced to date.


A non-scary swimming pool experience.
(unless you count the scariness of my extremely white skin flesh)


The very best Texas BBQ at The Feed Store.
Avery here was very upset that I took away the styrofoam cup she was so delightfully chowing down on.  I don't know why, but she has a thing for cups lately.


Yeah.  Visibly upset.


My new brother in law whipped out a fancy telescope so we could check out the Texas-sized moon.  It was totally worth braving the Texas-sized mosquitoes to enjoy it.


We spent a few hours in old town Carrollton and the new coolest thing Avery's ever experienced is riding this here quarter horse.  (did you see what I did there?  Quarter?  Horse?  Heh.)


I wondered for awhile why no one was at old town Carrollton and then I remembered that it's nearly 100 degrees plus alotta humidity and people from Texas are smart enough to stay indoors.


My poor dad.  Avery is kind of scared of him.  This is about as close as she gets!  She really does love him though, she will just have to make it up to him later.


Annnnd more carousel rides.
Because carousel rides are awesome.




1 comment:

Gordita said...

Personally, I'm not tired of reading about Texas (and since you write these posts for audience of one: ME...) The romper Avery is wearing on the quarter horse is flipping awesome.