Saturday, June 23, 2012

I know, I know, Father's Day was LAST week

I totally forgot I was going to blog about Father's Day.
Oops.
This week has been crazy busy.
But while I can't exactly speak for Kyle, I think it's safe to say he had a rather nice Father's Day.
Also, I've discovered my love language: giving gifts of food
I made him a breakfast in bed of German pancakes and bacon.
(even if I did have to tell him to get back in bed to eat it 'cause he was already up getting ready for church)


And for dinner I made him a huge manly steak in a homemade marinade which was pretty dang good, if I do say so myself.  (I had a piece half that size and it was still a lot)


I'm pretty sure that steak was about the size of Kyle's head.
And while I marinated it all by myself, he grilled his own Father's Day steak.
I lost my grilling privileges when I nearly burned down our apartment balcony trying to make bacon wrapped chicken.  Note: bacon grease catches fire.


And I slaved the morning away making a homemade banana cream pie.
My mother in law's recipe.
Kyle's favorite.
I'd only made it once before and that time I overcooked it so I was rather pleased with this edition of my banana cream pie.  


Only I did a stupid thing and calculated the calories in this piece.
Roughly 700.
Ouch.
Totally worth it, though I made Kyle eat the rest by himself.


To top it off, Avery and I donned Boise State t-shirts when we got home from church.  
You know, in honor of Kyle.  The Boise State fanatic.  And the best dad ever.

No comments: