Monday, June 18, 2012

Back to the road trip: Colorado!

I may be done with posts about Texas (we left bright and early the morning after the wedding), but I still have more road trip business to blog.  

Hooray!

Here's the short of it: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado.
And that's how we got to Denver.


I love Colorado with all my heart and it will always be home to me.
My sister is lucky enough to still live there, so we stayed 2 nights before going home.
Annnd.... since our plans to tour the Dallas Cowboys stadium went to crap after we learned the field was closed and the only tours available were the $27 a person VIP tours (we don't even like the Cowboys), we had to tour the Denver Broncos stadium.  


Or, Sports Authority field at Mile High, if you will.
Just one more reason why the Broncos are better than the Cowboys: the tours here cost only $10.


And we got to play a little dress up Broncos-style while waiting for the tour to start.
There's really nothing more to say about the next few pictures.





Except maybe for the fact that I've never felt more idiotic in my life.


I'm from Colorado.... Kyle loves the Denver Broncos.... it's kind of like we were meant to be together, don't you think?  Probably we should live there.




This was one of the super expensive luxury suites.
I've often argued that having football games in the dead of winter is stupid.  But if I were sitting HERE.... I think I could make an exception.  If only I had $80,000.


Some kind of media room I think?
Press box?
I don't know the names for these kinds of things.
I only married a sports fanatic.  I am a passive bystander.


By the time we got to the visitors' locker rooms, Avery had just about had it.  It was nap time, you know.


See how pleased she is to be on the field?


I guess normally they don't let you on the field because it's a crazy concoction of grass and turf and they don't want it to get ruined.  But there was an event the day we went, so we got to walk around it anyway.  
Pretty cool.





So I guess these are the Superbowl trophies (remember: I'm a bystander).
And we don't even know that kid.
He doesn't even know how lucky he is to be in my blog.

And thus concludes the end of Colorado Day: Part One.

2 comments:

It Started With a Wink said...

Kyle just likes the Broncos because they are the colors as Boise. I saw my name in an earlier post, you are always welcome, when passing through, but don't feel guilty because I know what it's like to want a road trip over and done!

Unknown said...

Probably you should live here! Also I cannot believe how long your hair is!!!