Friday, February 17, 2012

7 Months!


Avery is 7 months!

Stats
Weight: 14 lbs. 8 oz.

Height: 26"


Likes
Peak-a-boo

Riding in shopping carts

Baby Einstein movies

Babies & kids

Crawling into EVERYTHING

Crawling under small spaces like chairs and tables

Kyle's Boise State slippers.  I don't know what it is about them, but if she's mad, we toss her a slipper and she's totally content for awhile.  Go Broncos?

ME!!  She's become a mama's girl.  Sometimes it's really sweet and sometimes it's really annoying.  But when she reaches for me with her pouty face or pulls on my legs for me to hold her, I feel like the coolest person on the planet.

Anything that makes a plasticky or crinkly sound (Long car drives are often survived by tossing her an unopened bag of chips.  She'll play with that bag forever)


Dislikes
Men.  I don't know, maybe it's because she's home with me all day?  If a man, other than Kyle gets too close to her, she bursts into tears.  It's so sad.

Getting hurt.  Now that she's crawling, she's bonked her head a few times and is really rather dramatic about it.  Also that time I accidentally bit her finger she wasn't too happy with me for a few hours...


Milestones
CRAWLING!!!!

Sit up from laying down on her own

Cut 2 teeth!

NOT screaming every time she's in the car!  (Although she has about a 30 minute car ride maximum before she has a meltdown)

She is a constant babbler.  Lately it's been a lot of "Da da da da da" so Kyle's pretty sure she likes him best (ha).


Personality
She is SO smiley!  It totally melts my heart because it doesn't take much to get her to smile a big gummy smile for me.  And she doesn't even care that I haven't showered for 2 days (shh)

She is so curious about everything and will spend a long time inspecting a new object

Now that she can get sitting up on her own, I'll often find her in her crib (when I think she's been asleep) playing with her binky or scratching the walls.


Sleeping 
We've made some major improvements in the sleeping department.  Most nights she will go to bed 6:30-7:30PM and wake up only once or twice before 7:00AM.

Usually 3 naps a day:  9:00AM and 1:00PM for 60-90 min. and a third nap around 4:00PM for 45 min. or so.


Eating
For the sake of keeping things simple, she gets 1-2 meals of homemade baby food a day.  

She loves to eat, especially whenever we're eating and she devours whatever we feed her.

She loves apricots, peas, carrots and avocado and is trying out puffs for the first time (not quite sure about those yet)

No comments: