Friday, October 1, 2010

So I've watched a lot of TV lately...

Thanks to the return of the DVR, I have recently watched more than my share of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway.  How much fashion can one endure, I wonder?  Sadly, Kyle cannot endure much.  He laughs every time he hears Tim Gunn's voice and cringes when he sees the two-a-day scheduled recordings filling up his valuable reserved-for-football-only-DVR space. 

The other day, when I was home all day with a cold, I watched approximately 3.5 hours of America's Next Top Model.  It was very useful though, because it inspired me to get off the couch and shower and also to wear my hair in a bun.  I also learned that you only need five products to apply makeup every morning (concealer, mascara, blush, and I can't remember the other two) (maybe it was only three products and five minutes?)  (Oh bother) and that it is important to plow through the competition when you are in a race through WalMart.  Not to mention the fact that I have the theme song permanently stuck in my head.


Last season's Erin so kindly reminded us all that this is indeed a competition and she is not there to make friends.  I like Erin.  I like her strong-willed stubborness and go-get-'em attitude.  Perhaps it reminds me of myself.  Also, she had that cool alien look in one of the photoshoots and pulled off that super bleach blonde hair so nicely (if only in photographs).  But I digress.  Erin is right: it is a competition.  BUT, it can totally benefit you to befriend the other girls (even if artificially) because sometimes one of the others wins a challenge and they get to pick a friend to share the prize with.  Just like they say, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."  There really is so much you can learn from reality TV, but don't you think?


At any rate, if you are ever on ANTM, just remember to make friends with everyone and still manage to throw elbows in the races.

A final thought:  I predict Project Runway's top three will come down to April, Mondo, and Michael C.

But maybe that's wishful thinking.

Anyone else a fan of my favorite shows?

3 comments:

Nick and Jaimee said...

I am! Particularly project runway these days!

Suzi Q said...

Erin was my favorite too.

Jon + Kat said...

Sorry-I found your blog through my friend Jen's blog and I saw the picture of Mondo and had to comment! I am voting for Mondo, April, and somehow I think Gretchen could make it to the top three, although I don't like her stuff at all. April's style is my favorite, and Mondo's designs are so crazy that they work! They always inspire me to sew!