Monday, August 16, 2010

For Kyle


Eleven months ago we wed
And now we share the same queen bed.

I know it drives you crazy when
I sleep through my alarm and then
You still get up before I do.
Instead of one sink, 
We need two.

Today, 'cause love for you I hath,
I brushed my teeth in the guest bath
So you could shave your face just so.
You need sink space too, I know.

My handsome Kyle, you're so great.
You sometimes let me sleep in late.
And let me watch my favorite shows
Even when you hate them so.

But marriage equals compromise
And never ever telling lies.
And so there's something you must know,
About your favorite TV shows.

When I watch ESPN with you
I don't really have a clue.
But I watch 'cause I love you.

3 comments:

Jason and Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason and Abby said...

Precious

Jenny said...

Fantastic! I love reading your posts!