Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Lesson in Childishness


Do you ever feel so stressed out that you laugh hysterically and/or sob pathetically all within the same half hour period of time?  Or is it just me? 
...
So maybe I was a little dramatic emotional.  It is a defect of the female race.  Also, weak arms. 

There are a few such things that cause me undue stress:  being short on time and the pressures of cooking.  Also, when I leave work early to not be stressed and I get three phone calls from work.

So, we're spending the weekend at Bear Lake with the wonderful Abby and Jason and I waited until the last minute to get our food ready (and pack all my junks).  In the meantime, I was determined to make a delicious veggie pizza for the Young Women activity.  I had two hours to do it all.  Including a trip to WalMart.  Do you see what is happening here?  Let me give you a hint: laugh hysterically, sob pathetically, rinse and repeat.

The good news is, my veggie pizza was a freakin' hit.  But I still loved Kim's cheesecake bites the best.  They were like unto tiny cheesecake bites of perfection.  Kim? Kim? Are you listening?  You are a baking genius.  Also, I love your whippy cream cheese frosting.

And it came to pass that once I got the food dealt with I was so hysterically giddy the rest of the night that I kept Kyle awake for hours by poking him and telling stupid jokes.  I giggled myself to sleep well after 11 PM.  Kyle was totally annoyed, but I was so funny he couldn't help but enjoy himself.

I know what you're wondering to yourself right this very minute: "What is your secret to giddy childishness??"  My friends, I'll not keep you waiting.  THIS is what I'm so freakin' happy about:

1.  My freakin' awesome veggie pizza, the recipe for which I took from someone else but will henceforth and forever claim it as my own just for the bragging rights.

2.  We live in Utah.  In Utah, we celebrate the day the pioneers arrived in the Salt Lake Valley.  We call this day Pioneer Day.  We celebrate Pioneer Day by not working on Friday.

3.  No work on Friday.

4.  Did I mention we're going to Bear Lake?  Where it will not, in fact, be 100 degrees hot?

5.  My sister is getting married.  In Texas.  And we are totally flying there.

6.  In addition to Bear Lake and Texas, we have three more trips coming up: two to Colorado and one to Crouch, Idaho.  (Yes, it totally sounds like Crotch).  And then we'll be really poor and I'll not be quite so happy but that is, at this point, relatively irrelevant.

7.  We totally went to see Inception at the IMAX.  And I loved it.  It was just crazy enough to make sense and we even got popcorn.  Popcorn at the movies is such a treat, don't you think?

8.  Just because I like you so much, I'm going to give you "My" freakin' awesome veggie pizza recipe so you too can be a star at the next Young Women activity or what have you.

Ingredients:
2 Cans of crescent rolls (can? really? what are those called, anyway?)
2 8 oz. Packages cream cheese
1 Ranch dressing envelope packet
1/2 C. Sour cream
Shredded cheese
Chop up veggies to your heart's content (I used celery, red onion, carrots, and broccoli and just put them in the food processor until they were tiny bits)

Smash the crescent rolls really thin onto a cookie sheet. It should fill the whole sheet.  Poke it all over with a fork and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes (or until goldeny brown).  Mix the cream cheese, ranch packet and sour cream together and spread over the crescent rolls when they have cooled. (I did not wait until they were cooled because, as previously mentioned, I was in a hurry.  This proved to be rather difficult because the mixture just melted as I tried to spread it and was, in effect, less effective).  Sprinkle all your veggies on top and lastly top with cheese.  Cool in the fridge for 2 hours or however long you can stand it before you have to serve it/eat it all yourself.

Enjoy!



Over and out.

No comments: