Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ode to Wavelength 440–490 nm


I am a collector of images.  Don't you love technology?  Today I counted 670 images stored in 9 folders: Color, Kitchen, Bedrooms, Bath, Laundry, Nursery, Projects, Living, Chairs.


And those 9 folders are where I go when I want some inspiration for The House.  I felt so much less crazy when I discovered that my beautiful niece-in-law Ashley does it too.  But weren't we just meant to become family?


I have a hard time deciding what "my style" is and how I want things to be exactly, but I will forever love turquoise.  Turquoise and red, turquoise and yellow, turquoise and green...


My wedding colors?  Turquoise and orange.  (A distant nod to The Kyle's love for Boise State)  So you can imagine how I squealed with delight when I found the blog House of Turquoise.  Everything turquoise "and teal, robin's egg blue, aqua, sky blue, seafoam green, ocean blue"


Because I love minty blues so very much, I decided months ago that my kitchen needed to be painted turquoise.  At one point I also decided that every other room also needed to be painted turquoise, but then I thought better of it.  You know, the "too much of a good thing" rule.

And today I found this: the kitchen of all kitchens, the heart of my inspiration, the realization of my inner hopes and dreams! 
This kitchen made my heart flutter. 
It brought baby tears to my eyes. 
It made me drool. 
I want to rub it all over my face. 

I'm pretty certain our kitchen will never look like this.  But just the same, this is the perfect blue for our walls.  Especially with our red dishes and our soon-to-be white cabinets.  It's perfect.  I just know it.  I have a testimony of the color of this blue and it has brought instant joy to my life.  Amen.

also, go here for some random interestingness on blue.  you know, if you're bored or something.

1 comment:

Jason and Abby said...

You are awesome! I'm glad someone else collects images!