Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rescue Mission

Mike The Coworker was talking about how the average woman has 40-75 pairs of shoes.  He said he would bet any of us women that we have at least 40 pairs in our closets.  (I don't know what qualifies Mike The Coworker to be a woman's shoe expert, except maybe his very fashionable wife)  I readily agreed that I surely have more than 40 pairs.  But then I made a list-I love lists!  I wrote down all the shoes I have and to my great disappointment, I only have 20!  I'm under half-stocked!  What kind of woman am I?!?  Even more pathetically, at least 3 of those pairs I don't wear because they are waiting for me to take them to the cobbler and where does one go to find a suitable cobbler these days??


(I think these need to be mine)
Due to this shocking discovery, I feel an emergency shoe-buying excursion is in order.  A closet rescue mission, one might say.  I'm pretty sure my personal femininity depends on it. 


Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?
George Gobel

3 comments:

Jason and Abby said...

Here Here! I love shoes! The last time I went through my shoes I had about 70-80 pair.

I "paired" down after that...

Joami said...

cobbler: down the street from hawthorn east side on 700 :)...and I could have sworn there was one on main in bountiful...but don't quote me on that one.

ashleyanddevin said...

I will go shopping with you Kourt!!!! We will be in Utah next weekend anyways!!! MISS YOU!