Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mission Nearly Impossible


Assignment: Find Kay (whom I've never met) who is possibly standing outside the Neighborhood Market.  But one can never be too sure. 

Known facts include:  Caucasian.  Female.  Mid 40's.  Blondish hair.  Heavy-set.  No cell phone.

Would you believe that for 15 minutes I chased down 6 women outside the Neighborhood Market asking them if they were Kay?  Because I did.  It occurred to me that every woman in Salt Lake must be a heavy-set caucasian female with blondish hair in her mid-40's.  But we do have a thing for blonde here.

There was some particular confusion with one of the strangers I approached because her name was Day.  She thought I said Day, I thought she said her name was Kay... 
I wonder, have you ever met a woman named Day?

I shouted "Kay!" to another woman across the street and we subsequently ran towards each other as I waved frantically in the air.  She thought I shouted "Hey!"  She was not Kay. 

I did manage to find Kay, or rather Kay found me.  She was inside the building I was supposed to help her get into.  After observing me for a few minutes while I harrassed innocent Kay look-alikes while dodging downtown traffic, she poked her head out the door and said, "Are you looking for me?  I found my own way inside."

Well there you go.

2 comments:

Jason and Abby said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA this made my day!

Crystal said...

Great story! But I'm sure that experiencing it was not so great!Love you :)