Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How TV Used To Be

You know, TV just isn't what it used to be.  You don't believe me?  Let me take you back to the late 1980's...

Doogy Howser
Isn't he dreamy?!? I seriously had the biggest crush on Doogy.  When I was 6.  But tell me, who wouldn't fall for a 14-year-old pubescent surgeon?  I think he's gay now.


ALF
How the heck did this show last 4 years?!?!  Ok, so I watched ALF and I loved it too.  But I was 6 and 6-year-olds are supposed to love cuddly aliens that crash land into suburban homes.  And they called this a sitcom?  At least Doogy was cute.


Jem and the Holograms
PLEASE tell me you remember Jem too!!  She rocked my world.  Jem was like Barbie only cooler, edgier, and with her own TV show and backup singers.


Perfect Strangers
I'll be honest, I was probably too young to really get any of the humor out of Perfect Strangers.  But who didn't love the quirky Balki and his silly dance?  I rather enjoyed his accent too... wherever it was he was supposed to be from...



She-Ra
The twin sister of He-Man, She Ra was like the bad-a version of Jem.  I once pretended to be She-Ra and got punched in the stomach by He-Man (aka Scott Lathen).  I'm pretty sure it only made me stronger, just like She-Ra.  Seriously though, who came up with these names?  He-Man?  Seriously? Kids today would never go for that.

2 comments:

Derek and Jen said...

She-Ra! Yeah!! I loved her!!! I love your blog Kourtney! You have the funniest things on here!!

Jamie said...

I miss every single one of those.