Monday, January 21, 2013

Feelin' It

today was a cookies-and-juice-on-the-kitchen-counter kinda day


Hey remember that time I was pregnant with baby #2?
Yeah, still here.

29 weeks now, I can't even believe it.
Truth be told, I think I've been far too busy this time around to really notice that I'm pregnant until the last couple of weeks.  And let me tell you, now I am feelin' it.

I had forgotten how uncomfortable it is to sleep at night.
Or, as I like to call it, roll around on a pile of pillows for 8 dark hours and periodically flip through Pinterest because there is no longer any such thing as sleep.

And then nap whenever humanly possible during the day.  
Which, with a toddler and a couple of part time jobs, is like, never.

I did, however manage to find a nap this morning.
Avery got me up at 7AM, I made her formula for the day, turned on PBS Kids and promptly fell asleep on the couch.  I woke up 2 hours later covered in toys and paper.  PEOPLE, 2 HOURS!!

2 UNANSWERED QUESTIONS REGARDING THOSE 2 HOURS:
1.  How did I manage to actually sleep that long through unending PBS Kids cartoons and a toddler running about?
2.  How on earth did the toddler not destroy absolutely everything in the family room, minus the notebook of paper?

It was a Christmas miracle, I tell you.
Albeit not one of my finer parenting moments.

And to answer the dozens of people who have asked, no I do not have any belly pics.  I mean none.  Not one!  I don't have ANY!  It's not on purpose, and I must say I suffer daily guilt about it.  Poor Baby #2 has not yet been properly documented.

I will repent.

No comments: