Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Some Thoughts on Project Runway

In case you hadn't noticed, the season premier of Project Runway was last week.  Did you watch it?!  Or am I the only one who has dreams about being a contestant who was kicked off for not finishing the details on a rad handbag?  (Too bad the handbag I thought was so brilliant in my dream was actually really ugly when I thought about it later)

I just have a couple of thoughts I need to get off my chest.


First of all, can Kooan please stay on forever just because he makes me laugh?  I can't help but think that he looks like a Harajuku-ed version of Richard Simmons.






+
I mean, am I right? Or am I right?


Also, Alicia Hardesty.  I don't know her, but she graduated from the same design program I did at Colorado State University and she seems vaguely familiar.  I have mixed feelings about this.  Truth be told, I sometimes have pangs of guilt that I didn't try harder to pursue a career in fashion and it's annoying to see a version of "what could have been" or maybe.  So there's that.  And on the other hand, CSU isn't widely recognized as a great place to go to school for fashion (although it really is) and I kind of want her to go far just to represent the program.  But lastly, I just don't like her style.  So I don't know if I want to cheer for her or hope she goes away quickly.  I just don't know.

No comments: