Friday, March 2, 2012

Too Much To Ask?

pre-fever baby face

I suppose having a healthy family is just too much to ask this year?
Yep, this house is sick again!
Kyle got it first and has had a fever for 2 days now.
Avery was up all night and now has a fever and a runny nose.
I've tried to clean and sanitize everything ever since Kyle first came home from work feeling sick.
But I'm next.
I just know it.

On the plus side, Kyle is really amusing when he has a fever.  It's like a cross between a sweet, needy child and a delirious comedian.  He says ridiculous things and mopes around the housing moaning such sad laments as:  
"I'm soooo cold! And hot! At the same time!"
"I'm dyyyyingg!"
"My skin hurts!"
"I need sympathy!"

It can be a lot of work caring for these two sickies, but it is nice to be needed.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I am so sick of being sick too. I love how you find the humor in it all!

vickyj said...

That baby does not look like Avery. Has she changed that much? And why is Kyle playing with her when he is sick and has a fever. Sick people should be quarantined until well.

Kate [City Girl Mountain View] said...

Avery looks like she has the tell tale pink fever nose! I hope you are surviving, we have been through everything (flu, stomach flu, RSV, colds!) here as well and I am SO tired of being sick. Knock on wood, we are healthy for the moment...

Jason and Abby said...

He definitely has a MAN COLD! I'm sorry to hear that ya'll are sick again! If we can do anything for you, please let us know!