Thursday, February 2, 2012

Phenomenon

I don't want to say anything because I might be a little superstitious...
But if I were to say something, I might tell you that this baby face might have slept for something like 10 hours straight last night.

10.

She's still sick so I don't know if this is sick-related, but knock on wood (Kyle hates when I do that) I hope it becomes the norm.

Have I mentioned how psycho-crazy I become when sleep deprived?
And have I mentioned that for the better part of the last SIX months, we haven't slept for one night uninterrupted?
That's over 180 nights of waking 2-40 times.
Psycho. Crazy.

I came to the point where I started to think that if I could just have four hours of uninterrupted sleep, I could maintain sanity.  FOUR HOURS, that's all I ask!  That's not really so much is it?

So you can imagine how elated I was when we put Avery down for bed at 6:00 PM and I didn't have to get up to feed her until 4:00 AM.  And then she slept another 2 1/2 hours.

I mean, if I were to say something

(knock on wood)

Now if only I could get myself to go to bed at 6:00 PM, then I could really capitalize on this phenomenon.
But let's be honest here, I don't see that happening like ever.



I kind of miss her when she's sleeping.

1 comment:

It Started With a Wink said...

so understand, well kind of, now I just want him to not wake up at all, because I feel like a psycho crazy, having slept maybe 2 full nights in the past 7 months, I don't even hear him anymore, but TJ does, I just don't have the heart to let him cry it out, he sounds sooo sad!!