Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Operation Compromise

Something of a miracle has happened.
Kyle and I agreed on something.
Something in the house.
That something being the future of our bedroom.
Which something involves a lot of painting
And white.
And gray.
The plan of which I devised via Polyvore.

And now, behold The Plan (insert dramatic music):


1. Palette colors by Benjamin Moore: Hawthorne Yellow, Wish, Silver Fox, and Whirlpool.  I'd like to paint the walls Wish and the bedroom furniture white.  The yellow accents come in from the duvet cover, pillows, and accessories.  The drapes are technically brown, but I think they are a similar look to Silver Fox.  I'd also like to incorporate some light blues/aquas for a little beachy feel.
2.  Gold Circles Mirror from Pier One
3.  Vintage Beach Poster from Zazzle.com
4.  12x12 Glossary by Basic Grey from A Cherry On Top
5.  Sand Ruffles Pillow from Pier 1-$30
6.   Yellow Roses Pillow from Pier 1-$40
7.  Bohemian Medallion Duvet Cover Urban Outfitters
8.  Chelsea Dresser  from pbteen (except I'll just paint our dresser white, it'll look similar in the end)
9.  Frame from Zara Home-$30
10.   Set of 5 Yellow Chinese Lotus Stems from Z Gallerie-$55 (I love these!)
11.  MERETE  curtains in brown from IKEA-$20

This means I get to paint our bedroom furniture white!
And our walls something other than green!
And Kyle is going to like it!
(But I do love to make the husband happy)

It feels so good to have a plan, don't you think?
Too bad we're busy every day for the rest of our lives so we have no time to put this plan into action.  But one day... one day it will be done.  It will probably begin with me taking something apart and creating a total disaster and then spending a few spare minutes here and there to put it back together over the course of many weeks.  Because that's just how I do things.  You know, some call it the hard way, but whatever.

1 comment:

vickyj said...

It sounds like the snowball effect I'm all wrapped up in right now -- but much prettier.